Monday, May 16, 2011

Explorations

I am skipping ahead a few years to today.  Today, I am nearly back to the weight I was prior to my divorce and many habits of gorging myself with junk have surfaced.  After feeling like my world was spinning out of control, I decided it was time to seek help.  Not sure where to turn, I started forming ideas of perhaps an emotional connection to my food habits.  Shortly after begining my process of determining the "WHY" of my behavioral patterns, I got a call from my husband, Eric.  He had just heard a lady on the radio discussing hypnotherapy and how it works with weight loss.  I was preparing to start the HCG diet with my hairdresser and knew that I would need some other help to get to the core of my issues, or, the weight I would lose on HCG would pile back on in short order.  Eric held the key for me, he told me he would pay for therapy sessions if I would just try it.  That was a week ago. I had my first session last week and realized the true power of my mind.  I had learned some things that would help me on this journey to my better health.  I was faced with many temptations and I avoided faltering every time.  My mind was going to work as I could literally "FEEL" my body shed weight.  I lost a whopping 17 pounds with the help of HCG and hypnotherapy in a mere 7 days!!!

Session two of hypnotherapy was today.  I was prepared for it and had done my homework diligently and was excited to explore my inner mind.  Today, I learned how to put myself under and then was guided through some deep therapy to take my mind back to the place I first felt ashamed.  What was it that made me first feel ashamed???  I honestly tried to go back, I went back and back and back, and all I was able to see my grey fog.  My mind put up a wall and it was not about to allow me to go to a place that I am sure has created many years of pain for me.  I know that whatever it was protecting must have been painful because I woke crying and felt emotions near the surface all day.  I will spend the week exloring on my own and hopefully next week, I will make a connection.  This is a connection I am yearning and ready to find, for, I know this connection has something to do with my eating patterns and persistant feelings of low self worth.  I have spent the day playing events over and over in my mind, and my conscious mind cannot pinpoint it.  Perhaps this time next week, I will have some closure and my mind will have started the healing process on whatever it is that has plauged  me for years!  Regardless, I have discovered I am a fan of hypnotherapy and the powerful tool it is proving to be in my journey.  I will be sure to post more as I go on with it and discover what lies beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment